The CodeStream Blog

How Far Left Can You Shift
August 24, 2020

When you adopt a Shift Left approach, and developers start discussing code as they are writing it rather than once they are finished writing it, you can identify potential problems or approaches when changes are both possible and not very painful. What does it take to implement a Shift Left approach?

Read More >
CodeStream 8.3 - GitLab & Bitbucket Authentication Simplifies Workflow
August 3, 2020

GitLab and Bitbucket users can now get right to work when signing into CodeStream. CodeStream 8.3 allows you to authenticate with either of those services in lieu of entering your email and new password. Just select "Sign Up with GitLab" or "Sign Up with Bitbucket" during signup.

Read More >
CodeStream Integration with Jira Streamlines Developer Workflow
July 28, 2020

CodeStream brings the power of your issue tracker or project management tool into your favorite IDE, such as Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, or PyCharm. It includes a bidirectional integration with most popular issue trackers such as Jira, GitHub Issues, Trello and Asana, allowing you to grab a ticket, advance its status, create a branch and let your team see what you are working on, all with two clicks.

Read More >
CodeStream 8.2 - In-IDE code reviews for Visual Studio
July 21, 2020

In addition to our support for Visual Studio Code and the JetBrains family of editors, CodeStream’s in-IDE code reviews are now available for Visual Studio 2017 or later. This release also includes performance improvements that make the CodeStream integration faster and more responsive. We know that many extensions can really bog down your Visual Studio experience so we went out of our way to make sure that the CodeStream extension is as non-invasive as possible with regard to your system resources. 

Read More >
C-suite career advice from CodeStream CEO Peter Pezaris on IDG Connect
July 7, 2020

What was the worst piece of business advice that you received? That a "great idea" is all you need to be successful as an entrepreneur. The truth is that a great idea gets you 5% of the way there. The other 95% is execution, manifested by wanting it more and working harder than your competitors.

Read More >
CodeStream 8.1 - New Workflow Management tab organizes all your “Tasks”
July 1, 2020

The new “Tasks” tab in the CodeStream navigation gives you quick access to everything on your plate. There you can initiate work on any item and keep the team informed of your progress. Note also that there is a new “+” button on the bottom right of the tab, giving access to the functions that used to be on the global navigation in a faster and more intuitive way. There are three main sections on this tab.

Read More >