CodeStream is the proud winner of the 2021 Devie Award for Best Coding ToolLearn More
CodeStream is an open-source extension for VS Code, Visual Studio, and JetBrains.
CodeStream supercharges development workflows by putting collaboration tools in your IDE. It supports pull requests from GitHub, BitBucket and GitLab, issue management from Jira, Trello, Asana and 9 others, and provides code discussion that ties it all together, integrated with Slack, MS Teams, email, and in-editor notifications.
Understand, review, and write code faster with CodeStream. Get answers as easy as “select the code, type your question." Save institutional knowledge where it belongs: with your source code.
Pull Request Integration
- Works with GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, GitHub Enterprise, GitLab Self-Managed, and Bitbucket Server.
- Rich create pull request interface w/diff tool in your IDE.
- Visualize code comments from merged-in pull requests as annotations on your source files.
- Manage pull requests and conduct code reviews with full source-tree context (GitHub only).
- Use jump-to-definition, your keybindings, and code intelligence while conducting reviews.
- One-click check out to branch to contribute changes or run a build.
- Lightweight pre-PR code review.
- Faster than a pull request, better than copying & pasting to Slack.
- Share code & get feedback on a set of changes pre-commit and pre-push.
- Supports code review on trunk-based and branch-based development.
Code Discussion in your IDE
- Integrates with Slack, Microsoft Teams, Email and offers in-editor notifications.
- Comment on code is as simple as: select the code, type your question.
- Code authors are automatically at-mentioned based on git blame info.
- Conversation threads are tied to code locations across branches and as new code merges in.
CodeStream Issue Tracker Integration
- Supports Jira, Trello, Asana, GitHub, GitLab, YouTrack, Clubhouse and Azure DevOps.
- View a list of outstanding tasks assigned to you with custom queries.
- One-click to update task status, create a branch, and update your status on Slack.
- Pull requests and feedback requests contain the context of which ticket you are working on.
Team Transparency via Live View
- See a summary of the local changes your teammates have in flight.
- Indicators when someone is editing code you have authored.
- Automatic merge conflict collision detection (you and a teammate are editing the same file).
Trusted by the world's most innovative businesses
You're in good company
Works with your existing tools & workflows
All programming languages are supported, from A# to Z++